What we offer:
Maths and science tutoring sessions with individual assistance to each student in the session
- Each session is led by Kevin Smith, the Author of the Maths Handbook and Study Guide range. He is a qualified electrical engineer who has been teaching privately for the past 18 years and has also been actively involved with the department of education in providing workshops for teachers and learners.
- Homework provided to students during class can be brought to sessions and worked on during the booked time slot.
- Additional exercises will be provided based on work presently being covered in class as well as any concepts which have not been grasped by individual students.
- Students may also bring any specific exercises or questions which they are having difficulty with and these will be individually addressed in the their session.
- Each students work is continually and individually monitored for correct methodology and application, as well as correct exam technique.
- Sessions are conducted in small groups. However, we realise the fact that each person has different problem areas and weaknesses. For this reason, tuition is on an individual basis and students will never be taught as a group.
- Students are encouraged to progress through the work at their own pace so that each concept is understood and grasped fully. This ensures that students are comfortable with the current school topics and walk into each lesson up to date and with confidence.
- A student's progress is monitored and feedback is provided to parents.
- Registered students of The Lab can book lesson slots 24 hours a day through the online booking system and submit questions online. In order to register please contact us.
At The Lab we strive to instill confidence in students and ensure that they are always up to date with classwork.
This results in studying for tests and exams being revision rather than studying the work for the first time.